8.26.2009

Staying.

So, a decision has been reached! I will be completing the project that I am currently working on, our 2010 catalogue, and then I will have a holiday from September 13th to the 31st. I plan on using that time to take the trip that I'd been planning to take anyway, after my old contract finishes. I'm looking north, and will stop at many places along the way--Nha Trang, Hoi An, Da nang, Hue, Hanoi, and Halong Bay, hopefully. I don't think I'll have time to go into Laos this trip.

Then I'll come back and start again on Oct. 1, working here for another 6 months, with a fairly generous raise. And we'll see what happens.

I think I'm making a good choice, because I'm being offered a job (a rare occurrance these days), a little bit more money, and more work experience. I'm by no means giving up on my New York City adventure--don't worry, that is definitely in store for me. I'm just postponing that plunge, so that when I do finally get there I'll have a bit more money saved up and a bit more job experience under my belt, to hopefully give me a leg up on the competition. We shall see.

That's the update. More later.

Love!

2 comments:

Thatsall said...

Fantastic! Be pragmatic, but keep your ideals and dreams.

Matthew said...

I've only just stumbled into your blog via a Google image search, but I've been enjoying your posts. Vietnam expat blogs are in short supply and it's always good to hear how other foreigners deal with life in this country. It's also good to know there should be a few more posts to look forward to in the future.