2.08.2010

T-T-T-Thailand!

For my Tet holiday this year, I'll be heading to Thailand with my friend Rachel from work. I am super excited! Here is a map of our plan, roughly.

[The map looks blurry in small view: click on it to make it clearer.]

We'll fly into and out of Bangkok. The day we land in Bangkok, the 10th, we'll take a night train (hopefully) to Chiang Mai (that's the blue trajectory on the map), and then a bus to either Pai or Chiang Rai, depending on how we feel. Then, with the largest leg of travel done, we'll be working our way south, hitting Chiang Mai for real, then Lampang (where there is an amazing elephant conservation park and I will be frolicking with elephants to my heart's delight), then Sukhothai, then Ayutthaya, and back to Bangkok. And anywhere else in between that strikes our fancy.

I'm looking forward to some adventure, as well as cooler weather, and--most importantly--ELEPHANTS. Elephants elephants elephants. I am obsessed with them, as you may know. And Thailand is famous for them. YES. I am sooooo excited.

So Rachel and I will be cruising around Thailand, and I will take a ton of photos to document our adventures. I'll keep you posted!

Love!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Be careful, Travel warnings are up for Terror attacks in Thailand, India, Pakistan

Inay said...

Good for you....
Travelling and being close to the real people added knowledge way beyond.
It just only mean we are not alone in the world.
Learning on first hand experience is a great treasure to put in a box and be remembered for the rest of your life....
God bless you...