10.03.2008

Typhoons are fun

Last night we had another giant storm, and the power went out again (It had gone out on Wednesday night, too). I was the only one home, so I used my cell phone for light and went to find candles and Ruth's lighter, and then I camped out on the couch with a book and read by candlelight. Was not all that unpleasant, actually. But hopefully tonight that doesn't happen again. I'm getting sick of it.

Unrelated side note: this morning on my way to work I saw a monk in a bright orange, um, monk suit (what are their robes called??) and waiting for the bus. I smiled.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Hahaha...I do believe their called Monk's robes, Arielle! Mwah!

Thatsall said...

Power outage? Sounds just like Altadena.

prspad said...

Hi Arielle... As an Italian/Ukrainian goyem, even I know that their robe is called a "schmata" (schmatta, schmatte, etc.)! If the monk has a pan he's shoving at you in the early morning, he's begging for a "Schtick fleich mit svei oiygen" for his daily repast! Love ya...