10.29.2008

Vote vote vote like a baby stoat!

Yes, I'm a weirdo, and the post title was totally ripped from a Cute Overload concept. Don't judge.

Yesterday (Tuesday) morning I finally decided to give up on ever receiving my official California ballot, the one that I ordered 3 weeks ago, and go in to the US Consulate and get an emergency one. They open at 8 a.m., so I notified my boss that I would be late and headed over there. Well, as all bureaucratic (it took me 3 tries to spell that correctly) offices go, I was there at 8 and they let me in, but the actually offices don't open until 8:30. Got my ballot, went over to work.

According to the consulate, I can go to the Fedex International office and they'll mail my ballot for free before October 29th...which is today. I told myself that after work yesterday I would go straight to Fedex to mail it, but then I left the emergency ballot on my desk at work, and cursed myself all the way home for being flakey.

Then I get home and find this on the coffee table.

The universe is telling me to vote. And, I could maybe vote twice now that I have two ballots. But I won't, and have given the emergency one (which is a write-in absentee ballot, allowing you only to vote for President, Senate, and House Rep) to Julia, so she can do her civic duty.

And today, for SURE, I am going after work to Fedex to mail this sucker in. If they won't let me do it for free, I'll make a stink. That, or I'll just pay. It's for a good cause.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You can vote with both! But the real absentee ballot is better. I voted with a write in ballot, and then my absentee came in a week later, and I gave that one who was going back to the states in a few days so it could be sent from the states. It trumps the write in one.

ANYWAYS

OBAMA WON! And our votes got counted. Awesome. Except that same sex marriage got BANNED in CALIFORNIA which was a sad sad sad day :(