2.06.2009

Temples, temples, and more temples...

So, on day one in Angkor Wat I rented a bicycle for $2, and decided to ride around the inner cluster of temples.

After seeing Angkor Wat, I biked over to another smaller temple, and started talking with this guy Brian (pictured), and we stuck together for the day, biking around together. It was nice wandering aimlessly around the temples with someone rather than on my own.

The photos are here, of the Bayon with all of its faces, and of a few smaller temples. Also, there were macaque monkeys all over the complex, and they were super used to having people around. This one guy asked me to take a picture of him petting one of them, which took courage--you don't know what diseases those little guys can carry. The guy also gave one of them some food, which the monkey then tasted and then threw down on the ground. It was hilarious and adorable. "No! I reject this!" and then he turned his back.

Enjoy the photos. This weekend I'll put up photos from Ta Prohm, the temple that is overrun by trees.

No comments: