4.18.2009

I'm melting!

Today I woke up around 10:30 am, expecting to have a choir rehearsal (I have joined the International Choir of Ho Chi Minh City) at noon. So I got up and walked to the market to get fruits and veggies, and in the 20 minutes that I was out there (actually within the first 5), I was drenched in sweat. Lovely, huh?

So I got picked up by Long, my motorbike driver, at 11:45 and dropped off at rehearsal, only to find that it had been cancelled. It being relatively (maybe a 30-minute walk) close to my house, I walked home. And man--it is BOILING out there.

According to weather.com, it's 92 out there but feels like 104. With 60% humidity. Jeebus.

So I picked up a Ngoc Nghia--a sugar cane juice with lots of ice--and am now home, in my air-conditioned room, trying to dry off. Oy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ridiculous. Though that sugar cane thing sounds yummy. :)