4.29.2009

Going on a small vacation

Hello everyone,

I know I've been terrible about updating lately. I'm going through some rough things over here, and just haven't had the energy or the inspiration to write. I'm focusing on me for a bit, getting my body healthy, and my head and heart back to normal.

So what better time for a vacation, right? We have a four-day weekend for Liberation/Reunification Day (April 30th) and Labor Day. So me and my friend and coworker Mareike are heading to the mountains, to a village called Da Lat, to see something new and hopefully escape the oppressive heat of Saigon.

It takes about 7 hours to get there by bus (on a windy, narrow mountain road, I'm told), and we've got out hotel booked for 3 nights. So, armed with out Lonely Planets and cameras, we'll head off to hopefully see some waterfalls and pagodas, as well as take in some mountain vistas. We shall see.

I am only hoping that I can relax enough, open my mind and heart up to this new place, and have a good time. I think I will. Again, we shall see.

I would love to hear any friendly voices right now, so if you're bored, shoot me an email. I'll reply. Unless I'm in on a mountain somewhere, in which case...I'll still reply. Just later.

More soon. Love.

No comments: