6.15.2009

About a month ago, I moved to a new house, and someone was sad about it, hanging out while I packed:
But he managed. I've heard he now has 4 new brothers and sisters, making that house a 7 cat household. I'm glad I got out.

I'm also making some new friends. This is Caitlin, who I met in the Pub on Quiz Night, who told me about the International Choir of Ho Chi Minh City, which I then joined. We just had our concert and are taking a break (that will last until I'm getting ready to leave the country), but Caitlin and I are still going to hang out. This is at Wally's 2nd birthday party, and Caitlin is obviously excited about all of Wally's toys.
She's kind of awesome. Also kind of awesome is the birthday girl, who got--among other things--a new apron from her grandparents. I have no idea what she's pointing at.
She's holding some of the wooden kitchen set she got from her other grandparents--wooden cutting board, knife, sliceable wooden fruits and vegetables...she also got a laptop that plays very loud techno music. As you can imagine, Julia was not excited about that gift.

Last weekend Mareike (my housemate, coworker, and friend--no, we haven't gotten tired of each other yet) and I went to the Museum of Fine Arts. The art itself wasn't that exciting, ranging from 7th century Buddhist sculptures to contemporary lacquered pieces, but the building itself was beautiful. It's a colonial mansion of sorts, complete with beautiful windows:
And a courtyard that felt oddly Mediterranean to us. Gorgeous, in any event. It helped that it was a bright sunny day.
Afterward we wandered around and found the antique store neighborhood that I talked about in the last post.

All in all, it's going ok over here. I'm in the home stretch, with just under 3 months to go. I'm really happy in this new house: Mareike and I are getting along well, and the other two housemates (1 American guy and 1 older British guy) are pretty nice, too. It's comfy, social, and spacious, and I'm glad I came here. Work might be driving me crazy, but I'm happy to come home and hang out.

Anyway, I feel like I'm running out of things to say. I'll muse some more and come back later.

Love.

No comments: