11.06.2008

Gobama, gobama, GO!

Went out last night to celebrate victory. And Irish pub called O'brien's (of course) was hosting a shindig for anyone looking to party. From there the housemates and I went to Pacharan, a tapas bar, to hang out a bit more and listen to their live music, which unfortunately consisted of covers of angsty songs, such as "What's Goin' On?" and "My Happy Ending." But was fun nonetheless.

Maraj and I got signs at the victory party:


And even Jan, who is usually very serious and cynical (especially about America), got excited about it:


I must say that I'm glad this whole election thing is over. I know that the campaign game never really stops, but now that a decision has been made I'm just looking forward to seeing what happens next.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Aw you're so lucky. I was on a train and just had to huddle around my cell phone waiting for my dad to call. I was so sad I didn't get to see the results! returns/ results. Also, that I didn't get to see the announcement or the speeches, but I watched everything afterwards on my computer and BAWLED about four times.

I'm so proud.

My english friend (irish goes to school at Cambridge) goes:

"you proud to be an American right now?

because you should be."

Thats seriously probably the most inspiring thing I've ever heard and it just struck me that I don't have to say I'm from Spain or Mexico or Canada anymore. I can go out and just be really proud to be an American.

Then I cried again.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, Lauren - I was at Grant Park, and I have definitely never felt so proud to be an American, or, for that matter, ever even identified so strongly as an American. So happy!