11.15.2008

My day, thus far

Hello all, and happy Saturday. I've been feeling guilty about not blogging lately, but I also feel like I have very little interesting things to say. Maybe I'm just bored with myself. I'm not sure.

Here's what I did yesterday: went to work, where I was finding articles that Frederic Remington wrote in the 1800's and then transcribing them into word documents. Then I went home, chilled out a bit, then went to dinner and karaoke (yes, karaoke) with a bunch of Thi's coworkers. I was the only American there, and thus I was the only one who sang songs in English. Also, their song list had nothing more recent than Nirvana. My choices? "Bizarre Love Triangle," "S.O.S.," and "We Built This City." Yes. And no one else knew these songs.

On the way home someone tried to rob us again. Thi was driving, and I had stupidly forgotten to put my purse in the seat compartment of the bike, so I had it held tight on my shoulder. Some guys on a bike drove up, and the one on the back grabbed at my shoulder strap, but I was holding too tight for him to take it. There was this horrible moment where he's looking in my eyes, and I'm staring at him with as much hostility as I can muster, and then they drove off. I know I should have been more careful, that I was totally asking to be robbed, but it still sucks. It's hard to like people when there are some who just make me hate everyone; I really want to carry pepper spray or something, so that if someone tries something again I can spray them in the face. It just makes me so ANGRY, and it makes me feel helpless, since we weren't about to chase them (learned that one the hard way, when Thi got robbed and we crashed the bike), and it's not like the police do anything in this country except take bribes...What do you do, you know?

So that brought down the night. This morning I went over to Julia's and watched Wallace while she went to a dance class that she missed because the xe om driver didn't really read the address she showed him, so he ended up taking her to the completely wrong place. So we ranted about the incompetency of some of the people here--like, if you're going to drive people around for a living, shouldn't you know how to read or understand where they're going? He had no idea where he was going, but wasn't about to lose her business.

So, I played with the Walrus, and then came home and napped. Now I'm lazing about in my room.

Oh, and the picture is the view from Julia's floor, pre-rainstorm. Looks gloom-and-doomy, don't it?

No comments: