11.23.2008

Saturday stroll

Yesterday, I decided that I needed to do something to get exercise, so after getting back from work at noon, napping for another hour or two, and watching some tv online, I headed out. Here, I made a map of my route:

I realize it's small, but maybe you can zoom in. So i just took one street that I think looks interesting and followed it until it ended, then kept going a bit. Passed a lot of cute boutiques, including this one, which is self-explanatory:


Kept walking until I got tired and hungry, turned around, and then stopped in Pham Ngu Lao, the backpacker district, where I found this:

Doner. Kebab. YES. Not quite like those in St.-Michel in Paris, and certainly not stuffed with french fries, but still highly satisfying.

And now it's Sunday, and I just got a luxurious 90-minute massage, and then went to a nice market and got fruits, veggies, eggs, and a black purse. All in all, a successful weekend.

1 comment:

Thatsall said...

Sounds great to me. If you finda souvlaki shop, or a kosher deli, let us know.