9.11.2008

It's like they know me

I was going to post this a few days ago, but then the wedding thing happened and that got priority. At this hotel, when they change the sheets they also sometimes change the pillows, and a few days ago I got back from work to find this on the bed:

I stopped and got a huge goofy grin on my face. Because I am a total nerd. In another episode of cuteness, I got tissues at the supermarket to fight off my cold, and these are the ones I chose:

That's right. Adorable dinosaur, elephant, and whale. Yup. This way, every time I need to blow my nose, I get to look at something cute, and smile.

In other news, I have found a place to live! I move in tomorrow night. It's a room in a big, tall house (luckily, my room is up only one flight, versus the six I have to climb to get to my hotel room) with 4 other people: 3 girls (from Denmark, Ireland, and here) and one guy (from Luxembourg). It sounds very "Auberge Espagnol," I know. We'll see. For $200 a month, though, I get full use of the house, which includes a washing machine, cable, internet, air conditioning, and the best part: kittens. Yes, kittens. I walked in to see the place and there was a scrawny cat on the stairs, and then when we went to the roof (There is a roof terrace! The girl giving me the tour said they like sunbathing up there and grilling. Sounds awesome.) there were 2 little white kittens who they had just rescued! They were romping around and chasing each other, and then while I was talking to the girl I felt something tickle my toes--a kitten was licking my toes. Seriously. I was totally sold. And the room's great, too.

I just realized that the theme of this post seems to be cuteness....kind of the theme of my life, you might say. In any event, I will be posting pictures here and on Facebook as soon as Facebook lets me.